So I found some old ‘Best of’ I thought were nice to see.
I did a quick check and added a few new ones.
Feel free to add any you know of, I’m sure there are so much more.
How can you not LOVE Portland.
* Most Courteous Drivers in the Country., Auto-Vantage, Norwalk, Conn
* #1 Bike Commuting city in the Country., U.S.Census Bureau, 2005 commuting data
* #1 City for Sustainability., SustainLane 2006 & 2008 US City Rankings
* Best City for Seniors., Sperling’s Best Places
* Best Eating Destination., 2007 Food Network Awards
* #1 City for Walking., About.com: Walking, 2006 #4 in 2005
* #1 City for Innovation., SustainLane, 2006 tied with Sacramento and Seattle, 2008 tied
* #1 City for Energy/Climate Change Policy., SustainLane 2006 & 2008 tied with San Francisco and Seattle
* #1 “Green” Economy City., SustainLane, 2006 & 2008
* #2 “Green” (LEED Certified Buildings) city in America., SustainLane 2006 & 2008 US City Rankings
* #2 City for Tap Water Quality., SusainLane 2006 & 2008
* #1 City for Knowledge Base., SustainLane 2006 & 2008, tied.
* #2 Fiscally Fit City (citizens’ financial fitness)., Sperling’s Best Places
* Best Domestic Airport., Conde Nast Business Travel Awards, 2006
* #4 Most Liveable City in the Country., Pittsburgh Tribune-Review 2007
* In the Top 10 Most Literate cities in the Country., Study by Dr. John W.Miller, Central Connecticut State University
* Most bike-friendly major city in the U.S., League of American Bicyclists
* #1 Access to the Outdoors., Travel&Leisure
* Best Place to have a baby., FitPregancy 2008, #4 in 2007
* Greenest city in the USA., Popular Science 2008
* #4 Best Housing Market in the US., Forbes 2009